Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This half baked ramble makes no sense



latest mitts and grandpa^
Robots robots everywhere. Some of my favorite folks are making robots notably http://www.tofunutloaf.etsy.com and http://www.psandqs.etsy.com. As I look at these robots and the knock off robots I can't help but wonder, what kind of a statement is this in our difficult times where the unemployment rate is sky high? Does it mean we have been treated like robots? Does it mean we have all been displaced by robots.Are we taking back the robots? "I'm no body's robot see. I have My own robot" "Do I look like a robot to you?" These were my first thoughts as I considered the current state of affairs in society today. People if they are working are grateful to actually have a job and perhaps are more apt to put up with being treated like robots?
It could be simply an ushering in of change.
Well in the wake of job shortages people are flexing their creativity to get by, which is a good thing considering all that has been done in the past 8 years to squelch the arts in the schools with this no child left behind left brained cookie cutter programming. Well I guess that we haven't been rote off yet :D.
okay with that ghastly pun its back to the drawing board or felting board as it were.
Labels: ramble, robots, umemployment

1 comment: